1. I NEVER took Usui Reiki! Margarette Shelton taught me the original Reiki system, which Takata brought back from Japan. Takata's organization was called Alliance Reiki. Margarette Shelton's lineage goes back to Iris Ishakuru, who was one of Takata's original 22 Reiki Masters.
2. Takata never trademarked the name 'Reiki.' To further confuse the matter, the heading on the Alliance Reiki certificates said, ‘Usui Shiki Royoho.’ So, Margarette and others called themselves Usui Reiki Masters. Because of the lack of trademark protection, many, many people simply made up initiations and named them Usui Reiki or gave them other names. There are some 'Usui Reiki' initiations where NOTHING remains of Takata's original Alliance Reiki initiations.
3. Margarette Shelton never studied with Iris Ishakuru. Iris Ishakuru taught Arthur Robertson, who taught exactly what he had learned from Iris after Iris' death. I know this to be true because Alliance Reiki Masters, who have studied Tera Mai with me, have confirmed this. This includes the contractions, breathing and colors.
4. For example, Beth Sanders learned Reiki Mastership from me before I had the consciousness-raising experience with Buddha. The Monk, who was one of Takata’s original 22 Reiki Masters, was flown into California to take Beth Sander's Reiki Mastership class. The Monk confirmed that what Beth taught him was identical to that which Takata had taught him. The Monk said that the only differences were: Takata taught the breathing but did not emphasize it. Takata did not allow questions. My manuals created an organized structure. (I have 2 degrees, one of which is in education.)
5. The symbol, JOHRE, is not used in the Tera Mai initiation procedure. Towards the end of Margarette’s Reiki Mastership class, she hesitantly offered to initiate us into JOHRE down the spine. It did not feel right, and I did not receive this particular initiation. I learned later that this was NOT included in the Reiki initiations that Takata handed down. JOHRE is very effective in breaking up negativity. (JOHRE may be found in both Reiki and Other Ways of Healing and Tera, My Journey Home.) http://www.kathleenmilner.com/Books.htm
6. None of the three Reiki initiations I received increased my healing abilities. My personal healing abilities produced more healing results than either of the 2 Reiki Masters whom I studied with. Rather, I learned how to do hands-on healing in Reiki I. (I healed and worked with God’s Angels in a Shamanistic manner when I was very young.) Reiki II taught me how to use symbols to send healing. Reiki III or Mastership taught me breathing techniques that I could use to energize symbols, which I could then give to the Angels. Then I asked the Angels to bring the symbols and energy back to me to heal the injuries I received during two separate car accidents. The breathing procedure also built up my own personal energy. (I advise my Reiki Mastership students to use this technique each day, to send healing to others, Earth or to themselves.) Helen Borth and Margarette Shelton were the only 2 Reiki Masters that I studied Reiki with.
7. When I was asked to teach people Reiki, I was strongly guided to emphasize the contractions and breathing. What I was also told repeatedly from Alliance Reiki Masters in my classes was that Takata taught this procedure BUT did NOT emphasize it.
8. Because all 3 Reiki initiations that I received were identical to those given by Takata, and because I had an unbroken connection to Takata’s initiations through my lineage, the Ancient Healing Energy that I was born with connected with the modern attempt to once again bring back Universal Initiations into God’s Healing Energy.
9. Margarette did add the clockwise CHO KU RAY that gets smaller to the initiation procedure. The woman, whom I practiced doing the initiations with during the Reiki Mastership class, and myself found that the double CHO KU RAY combination (drawing the clockwise CHO KU RAY with the left hand and the counterclockwise CHO KU RAY with the right hand) produced a stronger, more balanced and effective way to energize symbols.
10. As Margarette initiated me using the double CHO KU RAYs, this is what I passed onto my students. In my consciousness-raising experience, Buddha confirmed the double CHO KU RAYs and left them in the Tera Mai Reiki initiations.
11. Once when I was in California, within 2 days time, I met two men who had studied with Takata's granddaughter. One of the men did not receive the contractions, breathing or colors, and he was only given the counterclockwise CHO KU RAY; the other man received all of the aforementioned and the double CHO KU RAYs.
12. In the workshop I gave at the 1990 Whole Life Expo in New York, I did not teach Reiki. I initiated people Into Reiki I and taught them some healing techniques.
13. I had a consciousness-raising experience with Buddha in a Los Angeles Sitta Ashram in February 1991. This involved my physical body going into the Otherworld of Spirit where Buddha showed me the what was missing from the Alliance Reiki initiations. A part of this information included the symbol, ZONAR. Shortly thereafter, Buddha gave me HARTH and HALU. This was well before I did an exchange with August Starr in June 1991; whereby I initiated August into Tera Mai Reiki and she initiated me into what I found out later were Phoenix’s version of Seichem initiations. http://www.kathleenmilner.com/Tera_Mai.htm
14. August Starr did not know the name of the man, who had spent the night in the King’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid. And since the fire energy was so unstable, I did not learn how to do Phoenix’s initiations. I knew that somebody had made them up, because the only symbols on the initiation sheet were the same as the Alliance Reiki initiation symbols. The difference in the symbols was that the Seichem symbols were slanted, and the clockwise CHO KU RAY that gets bigger was substituted for the counterclockwise CHO KU RAY that gets smaller. These were the only initiation symbols. The initiation procedure itself was complex.
15. In the exchange I did with August Starr, August also gave me a symbol. August Starr had received this symbol from one of Barbara Weber Ray’s top students, who gave this symbol to August Starr in exchange for Seichem Mastership. Later, Buddha told me what this symbol was for.
16. After I left August Starr, God's Angels cleared me. Buddha then brought me Pure Fire Energy from Source. He called this energy Tera Mai Sakara.
17. God's Angels removed the unstable, dangerous fire energy in Phoenix's Seichem initiations. To emphasize how very hazardous the initiations were that Phoenix made up, Phoenix is long dead and her students talk openly about demons coming in when they work. If you were to go to one of Phoenix's initiates, you would not find fire energy.\
18. Afterwards, I had another consciousness-raising experience, whereby Buddha added onto the Tera Mai Reiki initiations to create the Tera Mai Seichem initiations. Thus, the Tera Mai Seichem lineage is the same as the Tera Mai Reiki lineage.
19. The 3 Tera Mai Seichem initiations together include the first initiations into Sakra (Elemental Fire), Sophi-El (Elemental Water), and Angeliclight (Elemental Air). Tera Mai Seichem I includes Tera Mai Reiki I (Elemental Earth). Tera Mai Seichem II includes Tera Mai Reiki II. Tera Mai Seichem Mastership includes Tera Mai Reiki Mastership.
20. Tera Mai Seichem does NOT ‘bind’ Tera Mai Reiki and Sakara (fire) together!!! Each of the unique Elemental Healing Rays from God/Goddess are independent. However, on the Spiritual planes it is Tera Mai Angeliclight, which provides the vessel for Tera Mai Sakara.
21. While a Tera Mai Seichem healer is facilitating a healing, it is the Angels who determine when and how each of the elemental healing rays is used.
22. Tera Mai Cahokia initiations weave the full expanse of each Elemental Ray into a tapestry. For example, in a beautiful Persian rug you will find unique colors woven into different patterns. If you will imagine the 4 Elemental Healing Rays in terms of woven colors, these colors would not be mushed together. Rather, they flow in a greater pattern, and are a part of the greater whole of Tera Mai Cahokia. Interestingly, most Tera Mai Cahokia initiates feel the weaving going on within them during the Cahokia initiation.
23. I gave up a good deal, including an aspiring art career, after I received my assignment from God/Goddess through Buddha. My assignment also included instructions to keep Tera Mai clear, and the initiations standardized. If people choose to ignore the Tera Mai standards, then the healing energies of Tera Mai will go away. Standardization was for my protection and for the protection of all properly attuned Tera Mai initiates who did abide by Buddha's Tera Mai standards. http://www.kathleenmilner.com/buddhas-tera-mai-standards.html The evidence that these standards work are in the remarkable healing abilities that Tera Mai initiations bring.
25. Whenever additional information comes to me, I pass it on. For example, Marcy Miller later stated that she never saw the Higher Being in the Sitta Ashram. Thus, she was unable to take credit for the additions or symbols that the Higher Being gave to me. As per Marcy's request, I widely disseminated the information and put Marcy’s retraction in the first edition of Tera, My Journey Home. However, I personally feel that whenever anyone is with me when I have an extra-ordinary experience, that they contribute in some way to the experience. Another example: When I learned that it was not Sai Baba who presented himself to me in the Los Angeles Sitta Ashram, I widely spread the word and included the information in my books. However, Buddha said that for the time being that I was NOT to tell people that it was he who worked with me in the Otherworlds. Buddha did NOT want the initiation system to be called ‘Buddha Reiki.’ Buddha said the healing system came from God and was ANCIENT; much older than he was. When Buddha gave me permission to tell people that he was the one that I met in the Otherworlds, I included the whole story in Tera, My Journey Home. http://www.kathleenmilner.com/Books.htm
26. I have only been engaged to 2 men in my entire lifetime. That would be Dennis Z. when I was in college and Lute Jerry Owrey, whom I married and divorced. Milner is my maiden name.
27. I have never been to Egypt, India or Tibet.
From my first encounter with a horse, I have loved them. When I was in 5th grade, the teacher asked us one by one, what we wanted to be when we grew up. Most of the other girls said either nurse or teacher. When I said, 'Veterinarian,' everyone laughed. The teacher thought my comment so abnormal that she called my mother.
The horses who have chosen me as their person have all been heroes. I have given me much, and I have learned a great deal. They also allow me to do healings on them and attune them into the initiations of Tera Mai. Then I ask God's Angels, 'So as you initiate my horses, so too, initiate any other winged, 4-legged, 6-legged, 8-legged, finned, or creep or crawler who wishes to be initiated.'